Thursday, September 26, 2013

Yi Yi's

9.26.13

Yi Yi's

Enough of the kid # thing.  Grace is 17.  Emma is 15.  Tate is 13.  Abel is almost 2.  Ezra is 8 1/2 months.  Five beautiful souls from which I pull the strength and joy out of my ass everyday since June 6th (that's another whole other story).  Seriously, I don't know if I would get out of bed without them.  Although, most of the time, I just want to go to bed...ANYWAY!!!

Go, go, go!  I am a taxi driver for my littles, as mothers are.  Therefore, today, I was very, very bad.  Since I need to go to the grocery store, I did not prepare the big kids' meals with love, as I actually usually do.  Abel wanted his yi-yi's.  French fries, of course.

I figured out today why Ezra is just the sweetest.  We enjoy each other's company.  He intuitively knows that I am there to help and love him.  Okay, maybe it's because I feed him, too, but we're cool when we hang out.  I do believe that Abel thinks that my sole purpose in life is to sabotage his brilliant, yet dangerous and age inappropriate, ideas.  For instance, safety first, he used his mitts, but proceeded to put his pots and pans filled with delicious and carefully tong turned dominoes into the OVEN!  NO!  Don't worry.  It was not on or hot.  This, my dear sister, who "clowned" on me, is WHY I HAD A BUNGEE CORD ON MY STOVE TO KEEP IT SHUT ;-)  But, hey, he was cooking!  I was proud that he did it "safely" as to not burn himself!  Also, I just realized that my 3 teens probably think the same as Abel of me........

No one got hurt today as a result of my parenting, at least that I know of.  I will chalk that up as a win.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment